Monday 18 February 2008

The Model

So I have started in the modelling process of my crane. I have started with modelling the front drivers' cabin and then gone on to do the main body of the crane. I haven't added every single detail yet as this will be one of the last things i do in the modelling process.


Starting with the drivers' cabin I have begun modelling half of it. The reason for only doing half of the model is because it can just be mirrored across to give a symmetrical model.



After the drivers' cabin was completed (minus the small details) i went on to model the simple task of the main body of the crane. Once again only doing half of it, but when it is time to mirror the main body i will have to tweak some parts of it as it is not entirely symmetrical.



This is a completed model of one of the wheels that will be on the crane. It can easily be duplicated to give the total number of wheels needed. As you can see the wheel is not completely round. This is because I have to keep the model low poly until its time for the final render. If its' low poly it's easier to animate as it takes less processing power from the computer.

No comments: