Tuesday 12 February 2008

Snap Happy

It's time for me to start planning on the creation of my model. The only problem is that I am at a big disadvantage from the CGI team that created the crane in the film. First of all they are top dog professionals that have been doing this kind of stuff for years. I haven't! Secondly the fact that the film contained a real life crane for all the driving scenes, this enabled the 3D modellers to take over 300 photos of the crane from every single angle possibly needed for them to create a picture perfect model of it. Unlucky for me I do not own a crane so I have to use only what I see in the film. I'd call that a pretty big disadvantage, but after an hour or so I carefully selected frames from the film that I could use to model my 3D crane. Here are some of the frames I selected.

No comments: